I hear this all the time from clients: Nobody buys homes during the holidays, so let’s wait until next year. Well, this is most certainly not true. Here are the top 5 reasons to have your home on the market during the holidays:
5) Your home can be decorated to look festive and really showcase it’s features during the holiday season. This is the time of year when your home looks (and smells) great!
4) There is less competition for your home because a lot of sellers take their homes off the market during the holidays.
3) Buyers this time of year tend to be serious buyers, so you won’t waste as much time with “looky loos.”
2) Buyers understand you may have holiday parties or plans, and tend to be more flexible if you have to reschedule this time of year.
1) And the number 1 reason to have your home on the market this time of year is because Alaska is a very transient state. We have a TON of corporate relocation buyers. Many of these buyers are being moved up at the beginning of the year, so they are looking in November and December.
These 5 factors add up to a great market…I often see multiple offers on homes in December. Call me if you want more information about putting your home on the market during the holidays!